SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will serve Vancouver and surrounding regions, as assigned. The primary responsibilities for this position include infield sales representation to existing accounts, key accounts and independents, strategic new business development, relationship building with retail and supplier partners, data driven decision making, and driving placement and promotions.
This position requires a highly self-motivated and organized individual with a strong willingness for ongoing education related to the Organic + Natural Grocery industry. Daily responsibilities will include building relationships, driving sales at store level by generating orders and presenting new products, order follow-up, detailed pricing submissions, analyzing data to identify opportunities, ongoing product knowledge, general account administration, and contributing to a team environment.
This is a full-time position based out of our head office in Burnaby, when not traveling within the territory. The ideal candidate will already reside in the Greater Vancouver area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in the grocery, packaged goods, and/or distribution industry
- High level of initiative and proven self-motivation
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of partnering companies (customers, suppliers, brokers)
- Demonstrated ability to set objectives, prioritize, and achieve goals
- Strategic analysis, problem solving skills, proven business acumen
- Excellent planning and organizational skills + strong detailed administrative skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly, influence others and communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of retail merchandising and logistics best practice is an asset
- Proficient with MS365, Outlook and Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- Experience with an ERP or CRM system is beneficial
- Driver’s license and car required (car & mileage allowance provided)
- Successful completion of post-secondary education, such as a Business/Sales Diploma or Degree is an asset
SOME OF OUR PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Focus on Wellness
- Medical + Dental and Extended Benefits after probation, EFAP immediately upon hire
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks’ vacation and personal day)
- Paid sick time, including dependent sick time for those with children (up to 13 days per year)
- Fitness Subsidy
- Discounted grocery and wellness products and lunch program
- On-site gym
- Dog friendly office
- Scent-free environment
Focus on our Community
- Partnerships with Quest Food Exchange and The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
- Paid volunteer hours
Focus on the Environment
- Transit Subsidy
- Cycling Subsidy
- Indoor bike lock up area
- Recycling + Composting Program
- Partnerships with Urban Impact and Alvéole, an urban beekeeping company
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 8, 2022
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line please note “Account Manager – Aug 22”).
Horizon is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, disability, family status, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in any aspect of the application process, please contact the People + Culture department.
Note: We thank everyone for their interest but only those advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Only Lower Mainland candidates considered.