SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities for this position include infield sales representation to existing accounts, key accounts and independents, strategic new business development, relationship building with retail and supplier partners, data driven decision making, and driving product placement and promotions. This position will serve the Lower Mainland, as assigned.
This position requires a highly self-motivated and organized individual with a strong willingness for ongoing education related to the Organic + Natural Wellness Industry. Daily responsibilities will include building relationships, driving sales at store level by generating orders and presenting new products, order follow-up, detailed pricing submissions, analyzing data to identify opportunities specific to each customer, ongoing product knowledge, heavy account administration, and contributing to a team environment.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position based out of our head office in Burnaby, when not traveling within the territory. The ideal candidate already resides in the Greater Vancouver area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in the Wellness (body care, supplements, wellness products) and/or distribution industry
- Strong MS365 skills: intermediate to advanced Excel skills, proficient with Outlook
- High level of initiative and proven self-motivation
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of partnering companies (customers, suppliers, brokers)
- Ability to build rapport quickly, influence others, and communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to set objectives, prioritize, and achieve goals
- Strategic analysis, problem solving skills, proven business acumen
- Excellent planning and organizational skills + strong detailed administrative skills
- Knowledge of retail merchandising and logistics best practice is an asset
- Post-secondary education, such as a Business/Sales Diploma or Degree is an asset
- Experience with an ERP or CRM system is beneficial
- Driver’s license and car required (car & mileage allowance provided)
SOME OF OUR PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Focus on Wellness
- Extended Medical + Dental (company-paid premiums)
- EFAP immediately upon hire
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks’ vacation and personal day)
- Paid sick time, including dependent sick time for those with children (up to 13 days per year)
- Fitness Subsidy
- Discounted grocery and wellness products and lunch program
- On-site gym
- Dog friendly office
- Scent-free environment
Focus on our Community
- Partnerships with Quest Food Exchange and The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
- Paid volunteer hours
Focus on the Environment
- Transit Subsidy – up to 100%
- Cycling Subsidy
- Indoor bike lock up area
- Recycling + Composting Program
- Partnerships with Urban Impact and Alvéole, an urban beekeeping company
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Feb 5, 2023
If you, or anyone you know, is interested, please send a resume, with cover letter and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line please note “Account Manager, Wellness – Feb 2023”).
Note: We thank everyone for their interest but only those advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Only candidates located the Greater Vancouver area will be considered.