Are you good with numbers and have some accounting experience?
Do you have a great manner talking to people over the phone?
Do you have good clerical and follow-up skills?
Horizon Grocery + Wellness is a market leader in the very dynamic and inspiring industry of organic and natural foods, personal care items and nutritional health supplements. We are a fast paced, detail driven distribution business that sells 10,000 items to over 2300 locations across Western Canada.
Job Description: Working with the Accounting team, your main duties will be to: post to our computer system, approve orders, make collection calls as required, process and apply payments, including any follow-up. Accounts Receivable work also involves preparing daily bank deposits; reviewing accounts; follow-up on discrepancies; handling customer enquiries/requests; problem-solving on account balances, sending receipts, and other AR work as required.
Working Conditions: Full-time (40hrs/week), Mon-Fri.
· Completion of secondary school and some courses in basic bookkeeping or accounting procedures
· Bookkeeping and accounting experience
· Strong computer skills
· Initiative and organizing skills in managing daily workload with minimal supervision
· Good keyboarding skills (fast and accurate)
· Prioritizing, Problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Strong telephone communication skills and the ability to explain ‘numbers’. Direct customer contact involving good communication skills, remaining calm and polite in possible tense situations, maintaining good customer relations
· Initiative and perseverance in collections
· Accuracy and reliability in handling money and numbers
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter stating your relevant experience, salary expectations, and why you are interested in working with us by November 1, 2019 to this email:
email@example.com (on the subject line, please note: AR Clerk – Oct 2019)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.