SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your main mission as a Buyer is to accomplish a balance of retaining our high service levels while at the same time maintaining as low a level of inventory as is possible. You will have an understanding of purchasing, and the principles of inventory control, and have an aptitude to learn our systems. A major portion of time will be spent working independently with Excel files; reviewing and maintaining inventory management data to support buying decisions and sales.
As part of the 12 member Purchasing Team, you will be responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels, forecasting, determining EOQ, creating purchase orders in the ERP system, arranging freight (on occasion), minimizing costs where possible, communicating with the sales and warehouse departments, coordinating all aspects of item changes, calculating and maintaining Landed Costs, and ensuring timely resolution of supply issues and shipment discrepancies.
Along with the rest of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining the positive supplier and broker relations for which we are well-known, and you will keep an informed industry overview.
This is a full-time position (Mon-Fri) based out of our Head Office in Burnaby, BC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Familiarity with ‘replenishment’ purchasing duties, and an understanding of inventory control and purchasing principles
- Minimum 1-2 yrs purchasing experience, preferably in food distribution. Experience working with cooler and freezer products will be an asset
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills
- An aptitude for numbers & details, with analytical and problem-solving capabilities required
- Proven ability with computers (ERP system, strong Excel, Outlook, etc…)
- Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints/deadlines
- Some experience coordinating freight is an advantage
- Knowledge of natural foods or the natural foods industry is desirable
- Supply Management Training diploma (or equivalent courses or education)
If you, or anyone you know, is interested, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations to:
Attn: Anita Pollard, Human Resources Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line please note “Buyer – 2019″)
Note: We thank everyone for their interest but only those advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Lower mainland candidates considered only.