SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing all initiatives, procedures and systems related to Human Resources; working with the 9 member Management Team to support the strategic business goals from an HR perspective, aiming to ensure that the company culture is consistent with the values of the company, and a positive work environment is maintained
- Providing guidance and support to the Management Team, and being a resource to employees
- Working with Managers to fulfill all immediate recruitment needs as well as strategically forecasting for upcoming labour needs depending on business performance and industry changes
- Covering all aspects of HR, including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, employee engagement, training plans and programs, policy review and development, health and safety, strategic HR planning and leadership, providing guidance and collaboration with other business units
- Directing and developing the HR function, including the development of effective policies, programs and services. Working with managers to ensure that these are administered appropriately, and revised as needed
- Supervising one staff member, assigning responsibilities and providing leadership
This is a full-time position (Mon-Fri) based out of our office in Burnaby, BC.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar generalist role. Experience with HR support of multiple locations is an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Human Resources and CHRP designation a benefit
- Thorough knowledge of current employment law and regulations
- Strong skills and experience in recruiting, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Experience with payroll and administration of benefits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel); experience with HRIS an asset
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including listening and interpretative skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, experienced in dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to work independently, with integrity, enthusiasm and initiative
- Experience in distribution environment preferred, within the natural foods industry an asset
- Experience with employee event-planning, with interest in organic and natural foods a plus
Friday, Feb. 22, 2019
Submit your resume with a cover letter stating your relevant experience and why you are interested in working with us, along with your salary expectations, to:
Anita Pollard, Human Resources Manager
Please note on subject line: HR Manager – Feb. 2019
Our office & warehouse is in South Burnaby (at GlenWood Industrial Park near South Marine Way).
The #116 bus is nearby and we have a shuttle bus for employees to & from the 22nd SkyTrain station.
**We thank all those who have expressed an interest in this position, however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.