The Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for the management and development of strategically important suppliers and their brands listed within the Horizon Group of Companies. This position requires a highly self-motivated, data-driven, organized individual who possesses the ability to think broadly and strategically. The Supplier Relationship Manager requires strong integrative negotiating skills, a desire to provide excellent service and a willingness to engage in ongoing education and analysis related to the organic + natural grocery and wellness industries.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with assigned suppliers and brokers to develop and implement impactful promotional activity that maximizes year-over-year product sales and margin.
- Develop long-term, effective partnerships with assigned suppliers, using integrative negotiation skills.
- Monitor end-consumer purchasing trends, utilize Horizon Group data and analyze brand and category data to identify and develop appropriate marketing strategies for growth.
- Meet with suppliers and brokers bi-annually or annually to plan and execute Horizon Group-wide promotional activity.
- Initiate internal Horizon promotional activity such as pre-book activity and campaigns.
- Work with other Horizon team members and departments to implement activity.
- Monitor industry trends through industry publications.
- Work with subsidiary Supplier Relationship Managers or Brand Managers and other staff members to execute national activity.
- Measure activity and work to resolve underperforming activity within a team environment.
- Work closely with Account Managers, Buyers, Customer Service Reps and the Marketing Team to support marketing strategies and provide information and analysis as required.
- Participate in key sales meetings, marketing meetings and supplier/broker presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in Sales or Marketing and/or 3 years work experience in relevant Sales & Marketing activities (i.e., Supplier Relationship Management or business development)
- Experience in organic + natural products industry an asset
- Experience in managing a broad array of suppliers, brokers, brands and products
- An extremely self-motivated, curious and proactive professional
- Strategic analysis experience, problem solving skills, and proven business acumen
- Highly data driven
- Excellent planning and organizational skills + strong detailed administrative skills
- Positive, solution-oriented work style
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly, influence others and communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting to a variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of functional areas (i.e., sales, marketing, purchasing)
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with QlikView data software is an asset
This is a full-time position (Mon-Fri) based out of our Burnaby office. There is an opportunity for a Hybrid schedule following the onboarding and probationary period.
SOME OF OUR PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Focus on Wellness
- Extended Medical + Dental (company-paid premiums)
- Disability, Life and AD&D insurances
- EFAP immediately upon hire
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks’ vacation and personal day)
- Paid sick time, including dependent sick time for those with children (up to 13 days per year)
- Fitness Subsidy
- Discounted grocery and wellness products and lunch program
- On-site gym
- Dog friendly office
- Scent-free environment
Focus on our Community
- Partnerships with Quest Food Exchange and The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
- Paid volunteer hours
Focus on the Environment
- Transit Subsidy – up to 100%
- Cycling Subsidy
- Indoor bike lock up area
- Recycling + Composting Program
- Partnerships with Urban Impact and Alvéole, an urban beekeeping company
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sept 18, 2022
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line please note “NSRM – Sep 22”).
Horizon is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, disability, family status, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in any aspect of the application process, please contact the People + Culture department.
Note: We thank everyone for their interest but only those advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Only Lower Mainland candidates considered.