We are looking for a candidate who has experience Order Picking (not “pick & pack”) and doing truck deliveries in the Lower Mainland.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is primarily Order Picking, with one regular Delivery Driving shift and also provides back-up to the regular Delivery Drivers when they are sick, on vacation or if we have additional runs to make
- The order picking job involves manually picking orders and building pallets for shipping; it could include other warehouse tasks and/or picking in the cooler and freezer
- The delivery position involves loading the truck at our warehouse, delivering the orders to our valued customers throughout the Lower Mainland, and effectively handling situations as they arise (traffic delays, incorrect orders, returns, etc.)
- Operation of electric pallet movers is required for this position, and we provide training. The job is physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for at least 7 hours per shift
- Class 5 with clean abstract and willingness to upgrade license required (we provide opportunities and reimbursement for upgrade)
- Air Brakes ticket and/or Class 3 license preferred
This full-time position is Sunday to Thursday. Sunday is a driving shift from 12-8pm; Monday through Thursday shifts are Order Picking, or providing back-up driving, and are 3-11pm.
Order Picking – starts at $18.33/hr, with further increments (based on hours worked) to $21.78/hr
Driving – starts at $20.61/hr, with further increments (based on hours worked) to $23.62/hr
Benefits available after a qualifying period.