PSC Natural Foods, servicing Vancouver Island for over 40 years distributing healthy foods to our community, is looking for an experienced Warehouse and Operations Manager to lead the shipping and receiving teams as we continue to grow our business. This is a full time, permanent position starting in Fall of 2020, located in Victoria on Vancouver Island.
Responsibilities include overseeing all warehouse operations relating to shipping, receiving, warehousing and distribution. In conjunction with other departmental managers, create and maintain company-wide policies to improve overall profitability and plan for the future in keeping with PSC’s core values and Mission Statement.
This position chairs the Safety Committee to ensure compliance with Work Safe regulations, oversees routine maintenance and repairs in the entire facility, and is in charge of security for the building and trucking fleet.
Reports to the General Manager.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
– Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
– Excellent interpersonal skills including mediation and negotiating.
– Good general computer skills and comfortable with Microsoft Excel and Word.
– Good organizational skills.
– Ability to coach, develop and lead a team of 25 or more members.
– Good understanding of BC Labour Standards.
– Keen safety awareness and familiarity with Work Safe BC regulations.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and approachable leader that your team will want to follow.
You will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager and the Purchasing & Procurement Manager to drive overall performance by initiating dynamic changes that will meet the demands of the evolving grocery marketplace.
Benefits at PSC include the following:
- Full extended medical, LTD, life insurance.
- Alternative therapies not normally covered by other plans.
- Company matching RRSP plan.
- Bonuses based on overall company performance
- Staff discounts off wholesale prices for all our products.
- Paid sick leaves
- Other paid leaves: Jury duty, birth, and bereavement.
- Fun staff events throughout the year.
PSC prides itself on being a great place to work with almost half of our 60 staff members working at PSC for 10 years or more. The dynamic natural products industry offers up constant challenges, and our incredible team always rises to meet these challenges. PSC is a place to build one’s career, so if you are ready for an exciting adventure in the food industry, contact us to be interviewed for this promising position.
To apply please email your resume to: Don Rector, General Manager, PSC – email@example.com