SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for the management and development of strategically important suppliers and their brands listed within the Horizon Group of Companies. This position requires a highly self-motivated, data-driven, organized individual who possesses the ability to think broadly and strategically. The Supplier Relationship Manager requires strong integrative negotiating skills, a desire to provide excellent service and a willingness to engage in ongoing education and analysis related to the Organic + Natural Grocery + Wellness Industry.
Main functions of the job include:
- Work with assigned suppliers and brokers to develop and implement impactful promotional activity that maximizes year over year product sales and margin,
- Develop long-term, effective partnerships with assigned suppliers, using integrative negotiation skills,
- Monitor end-consumer purchasing trends, utilize Horizon Group data and analyze brand and category data to identify and develop appropriate marketing strategies for growth,
- Meet with suppliers and brokers bi-annually or annually to plan and execute Horizon Group-wide promotional activity,
- Initiate internal Horizon promotional activity such as pre-book activity and campaigns,
- Work with other Horizon team members and departments to implement activity,
- Monitor industry trends through industry publications,
- Work with subsidiary Supplier Relationship Managers or Brand Managers and other staff members to execute national activity,
- Measure activity and work to resolve underperforming activity within a team environment,
- Work closely with Account Managers, Buyers, Customer Service Reps and the Marketing Team to support marketing strategies and provide information and analysis as required,
- Participate in key sales meetings, marketing meetings and supplier/broker presentations.
- Post-secondary education in Sales or Marketing and/or 3 years work experience in relevant Sales & Marketing activities. i.e. Supplier Relationship Management or development
- Experience in organic + natural products industry an asset
- Experience in managing a broad array of suppliers, brokers, brands and products
- High level of initiative and proven self-motivation
- Strategic analysis experience, problem solving skills, and proven business acumen
- Highly data driven
- Excellent planning and organizational skills + strong detailed administrative skills
- Positive, solution-oriented work style
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly, influence others and communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of functional areas (i.e. sales, marketing, purchasing)
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with QlikView data software a plus.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 16, 2021
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter, with salary expectations, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line, please note “Supplier Relationship Manager, May 2021”)
Note: We thank everyone for their interest but only those advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Only candidates residing in the Lower Mainland will be considered.