Horizon Distributors is the leading distributor of natural and organic foods in Western Canada. We are located in south Burnaby at the Glenwood Industrial Park, off Marine Way. Shuttle service from the 22nd SkyTrain and/or #116 bus service are available.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobs involve manually picking orders of our natural and organic food products, and building pallets for shipping; it may include other warehouse tasks, including picking in our cooler and freezer. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position, and we provide training. The job is physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
These positions are full-time on the Afternoon shift (3pm-11pm) Monday to Thursday, and (9am-5pm) Sundays. One of the positions entails working in a cooler/freezer area while the other position entails working in the dry area.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Experience in, and an aptitude for, warehouse work is required
- Must be able to work in cool and cold temperatures (cooler and freezer)
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker) is an asset, but not required
- Interest in natural and organic foods is considered favourably
- $18.33/hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked) up to $23.03/hr
- $1.00/hr premium after 9pm
- $1.25 premium for the cooler/freezer area)
- Benefits available after a qualifying period.
Please submit your resume, with a covering letter stating your relevant experience and why you are interested in working in the natural foods industry, to:
(please note on subject line: “Order Picker – Afternoons – August 2019”)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon, visit our website at www.horizondistributors.com