SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Warehouse Order Pickers manually pick orders of our natural and organic food products, and build pallets for shipping; the position could include picking in our cooler and freezer. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position. The job is physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
Full-time positions, 40 hours per week. Shifts could include daytime (7 am-3 pm), afternoon (3-11 pm), and/or weekends (9 am-5 pm). We are looking for applicants with flexible availability. Shifts are 8 hours with a paid lunch break. Shift premium for hours worked after 9 pm.
- 1 year minimum, recent experience in warehouse work is required
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker, and forklifts) required. Please have proof of certification available
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $19/ hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked) up to $22.56/ hr
- Premiums for work in the Cooler and/or Freezer, as well as a premium for hours worked late in evening
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits, available after qualifying period
- 3 weeks’ vacation after one year of employment
- Fitness, Cycling, Transit subsidies
- Clothing and Footwear subsidies
- Discounts on products
- On-site fitness room
Please submit your resume to:
(please note on subject line: “Order Picker – March 2020” and include your hours and days of availability in the body of your email)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon Grocery + Wellness, please visit our website