SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Warehouse Order Pickers manually pick orders of our natural and organic food products, and build pallets for shipping; it may include other warehouse tasks, including picking in our cooler and freezer. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position, and we provide training. The job is physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
We have a variety of shifts including daytime, afternoon, and weekends. We do not have an overnight shift.
- Experience in, and an aptitude for, warehouse work is required
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker) is an asset, but not required
- Interest in natural and organic foods is considered favourably
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $19/ hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked) up to $22.56/ hr
- Premiums for work in the Cooler and/or Freezer, as well as a premium for hours worked late in evening
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits, as well as MSP coverage, available after qualifying period
- 3 weeks’ vacation after one year of employment
- Fitness, Cycling, Transit subsidies
- Clothing and Footwear subsidies
- Discounts on products
- On-site fitness room
Please submit your resume, with a covering letter stating your relevant experience, to:
(please note on subject line: “Order Picker – November 2019”)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon Grocery + Wellness, please visit our website