Life at Horizon
Are you interested in organic and natural food, sustainability and natural wellness products? Do you strive to live a healthy, balanced life? Are you concerned about your impact on the planet? Our company culture at Horizon could be the place for you.
From staff tastings and discounts on the products we sell, to our in-house gym and fitness subsidy, or our transit subsidy and broad based recycling + composting program, our goal is to promote wellness and a sustainable way of life.
We believe it’s important to feel connected to what our company is doing for people, planet and community. Many people make long-lasting friendships at Horizon. Check out our Facebook page to see what we’re up to.
- Bright, clean, open 150,000 sq ft Grocery facility and 36,000 sq ft Wellness facility
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Spacious lunchrooms
- Changing rooms, lockers and showers
- Large patio area
- Quiet room and spaces
Food + Fun
- Staff Shopping – 20% discount on products we carry
- Lunch Program – 50% discount on select Horizon products offered by the each for daily orders
- Discount Shelf – 50% discount on products with damaged packaging
- Staff Store – selection of snacks to get you through the day (a.k.a. various forms of “organic chocolate”)
- Tastings and Product Information Sessions
- Staff Events – a variety of events organized throughout the year
- Fully equipped gym with free weights, power rack, treadmills, rowing machine, stationary bike, multi-gym and stretching area
- Fitness activity subsidy – paid annually
- Access to trails linking to Burnaby Foreshore Park for a midday walk
- Shuttle service between the 22nd Street Skytrain Station and our workplaces on Trapp Avenue in Burnaby
- Translink bus service via 116 Metrotown Station/Edmonds Station (stops within half a block of our site)
- Transit Subsidy for monthly pass holders
- Bike Subsidy for bike parts, maintenance or safety equipment
- Protective clothing and footwear allowance for warehouse staff
- Roving Stat – a personal paid day off during the year
- Horizon is a dog-friendly environment
- We have a limit on how many dogs can be in the office area at any given time, but well-behaved pooches are often around to offer a few moments of distraction from the work at hand
Want to know more? Visit our Benefits page to review the formal benefits plan offered at Horizon.