SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Warehouse Order Pickers manually pick orders of natural and organic packaged food products onto pallets for shipping; the position could include picking in our cooler and freezer and/or in our dry storage. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position. The job is physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
The schedule is Sunday to Thursday, where Sunday is 9am-5pm, and Monday-Thursday is 3-11pm. It is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Shifts are 8 hours with a paid lunch break. Shift premium for hours worked after 9 pm.
- 1 year minimum, recent experience in warehouse work is required
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker, and forklifts) required. Please have proof of certification available
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $19/ hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked) up to $22.56/ hr
- Premiums for work in the Cooler and/or Freezer, as well as a premium for hours worked late in evening
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits, available after qualifying period
- 3 weeks’ vacation after one year of employment
- Fitness, Cycling, Transit subsidies
- Clothing and Footwear subsidies
- Discounts on products
- On-site fitness room
Please submit your resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon Grocery + Wellness, please visit our website