SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Warehouse Order Pickers manually pick orders of natural and organic packaged food products onto pallets for shipping; the position is full-time and includes picking in our dry storage area, as well as our cooler/freezer storage area. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position. The job is very physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
The schedule is Saturday to Wednesday, 9am-5pm on the weekends and 3-11pm on weekdays. It is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Shifts are 8 hours with a paid lunch break. Shift premium for hours worked after 9 pm and hours worked in the cooler/freezer.
- 1 year minimum, recent experience in warehouse work is required
- Experience working in cooler/freezer environment is an asset
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker, and forklifts) required. Please have proof of certification available
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $19.19/ hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked) up to $22.80/ hr
- Premiums for work in the Cooler and/or Freezer, as well as a premium for hours worked after 9pm
- Fitness, Cycling, Transit subsidies
- Discounts on products
Please submit your resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon Grocery + Wellness, please visit our website