SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Warehouse Order Pickers manually pick orders of natural and organic packaged food products and place them onto pallets for shipping. Operation of electric pallet movers and other equipment is required for this position; we provide training for this. The job is very physically demanding, involving lifting and moving of boxes and bags (30-50lbs) for the majority of the shift.
The schedule will include at least one weekend shift. It is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Shifts are 8 hours with a paid lunch break. Shift premium for hours worked after 9 pm and hours worked in the cooler/freezer. This position is mostly picking in the dry storage area.
- 1 year minimum, recent experience in warehouse work is preferred
- Experience using warehouse equipment (i.e. electric pallet movers, low level order-picker, and forklifts) preferred
- Must be capable of physically demanding work, and have an eye for detail – accuracy is extremely important!
- Must have the ability to achieve picking and accuracy goals without direct supervision and monitoring
- Self-initiative required
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $20.85/ hour, starting wage with further increments (based on hours worked)
- Premiums for work in the Cooler and/or Freezer, as well as a premium for hours worked after 9pm
- Paid lunch break
- Extended Health + Dental benefits after 3 full months of employment
- Fitness, Cycling, Transit subsidies
- 3 weeks’ vacation time, plus a Roving Stat each year
- Generous sick time allowance
- Annual clothing allowance and protective footwear reimbursement
- Gym/weight room onsite
- Discounted lunch/dinner items
- Discounts on products
Please submit your resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about Horizon Grocery + Wellness, please visit our website